Hello again, simpletons!
We’re back with more Simple Minds Podcast goodness, ready to share some much needed laughs and chill vibes.
This week, Matt’s challenged the lads to do a quiz that reveals what kind of entrepreneurs they are. Challenge ACCEPTED!
Let’s see what they got, shall we?
“Let’s take Conrad on a little journey on a white dotted road…” - Matt.
Conrad is the first to try out the quiz. Fun facts we learned about him:
- He is torn between Evernote and One Note for writing down his thoughts. Decisions, decisions.
- Does he plan ahead? He doesn’t always plan ahead. But he doesn’t always not plan ahead either.
- He started his most recent business to change the world. Ok, maybe Australia. Ok, maybe Perth to begin with.
- Is he a leader or a follower? Oh, TOUGH one. Sadhguru? Listens to. Oprah? Listens to. God? He follows.
Conrad is a…*drum roll*...SERIAL ENTREPRENEUR.
Travis was the only one who did his homework and did the test before the show, but where’s the fun in that? Let’s try again.
- He writes his ideas on a napkin. Eco-friendly napkin preferably.
- He’s an ideas person rather than a resource-gatherer.
- What would he do with a large sum of money? Invest in his own business. No, wait, start a side business.
- If he’s unsure how to do something, he’ll find someone who knows how to do it. Or call Conrad, since he knows everything!
Travis is a…*drum roll*...OPPORTUNIST.
Let’s see what the quiz has to say about JB:
- He writes ideas on a napkin (the others laugh in disbelief).
- He’s an ideas person more than a resource-gatherer.
- Large sum of money? He’d start a side business.
- Unsure how to do something? He’d Google the hell out of it.
But wait, there’s more. This is uncharted territory, with one further Q&A which revealed that:
5. He prefers to take matters into his own hands rather than delegate work when it comes to running a business.
Justin is a…*drum roll*...JACK OF ALL TRADES.
By now you know the drill, so here’s what the quiz revealed about Matt:
- He uses Evernote to write his thoughts down.
- He always plans ahead.
- He started his own business to create an empire (according to Conrad). Matt does not deny it.
- When it comes to making tough decisions, he prefers to do research rather than rely solely on his gut.
- The basis of his business strategy is old concepts (sprinkled with innovation).
Matt is a…*drum roll*...INNOVATOR.
So what makes a good entrepreneur? What does it take to become an entrepreneur? There’s no secret recipe, but the lads seem to agree that wantapreneurs, as opposed to entrepreneurs, have one thing in common: lack of action. You have to be willing to do the hard work, not always look for the silver bullet. There is no silver bullet.
Thanks For Listening!
Hey! You got through another (mini) episode of the Simple Minds Podcast! Good for you! If you find yourself getting inspired by the lad’s chats than do us a favour and leave a review for the show on Apple Podcasts! It helps massively and lets us reach out to more and more people!
Connect with Simple Minds Podcast:
Host: “Magic” Matt J Hanham
Co-Hosts: Travis Hayto, Conrad “Conye” Francis and Justin Bourn
Production: Joshua Ames